Monday, August 4, 2008

Nice visit with Lanza's

Dear Family and Friends,
10:10, cool breeze starting to blow through, good day overall. Ken and I walked this morning, then Marilyn and I worked through papers with Marilyn doing her sorting magic on the stacks. I had an appraisal in Livermore and met the nicest guy, he lost his wife Dec. 29. He is coping well and is so organized, has all cards and letters in books, everything has its place, great visit and oh yes I did an appraisal too. Nikki calls it the appraiser / pastor visit. While I was working in Livermore Nikki and the girls came to visit which was a nice change for Marilyn. Earlier Ray and Lois came by briefly.
After I left Livermore I drove to the Lanza's in Tracy. They were busy working on a project and had agreed to sew up a new bimini top for the paddle boat, the current one is showing the weather. Ray had removed it so I could take it for a pattern for the new one. It is always good to catch up with Dick and Becky, some of the worlds nicest people. Then I drove to the Speedee Oil place for the bug to get new oil but today they were out of the right oil and no one had it in all of Tracy so I drove home.
Marilyn whipped up haystacks which were so excellent and filled with flavor. Then we drove to Antioch and inspected a home which is newly purchased from a bank. It was in good condition and the comps were all on the street. Then home for a successful ending to a great day. Since the work was done on the bug it has been so pleasant to drive. The engine no longer overheats, the AC blows cold and constant and the new cabin air filter allows for much more air flow than before, a nice new addition.
There are so many things to be thankful for and I feel like I am surrounded by many of them, first off Keanna, Kallie, Timothy. These precious little people just fill ones heart with love and joy. I am deeply thankful for excellent neighbors who enhance my life so much. I love to get to talk to Pam or Sharon or Dana or Dolly or Nikki, Steve, Jason and Jo. I am so touched by the constant email messages that encourage and lift me day by day.
Several people have let us know that they can join the party this Sunday afternoon to help me into the next decade. I think we can handle preparing both vege foods and hamburgers to put on the BBQ and will probably be eating about 5:30 or 6. For those who might want to play in the lake or use the paddle boat in you are young or have little ones please bring life jackets. There will be plenty of places to sit by the lake on the rear decks either in the sun or the shade or inside where it is cool. I think I can have the spa working too and I know kids sometimes enjoy playing in it with their parents. We hope you feel comfortable bringing anything you think might enhance the party, fruit, salads, treats. There is no agenda, just fellowship and fun. We will hope and pray for a cool evening with breezes coming up as the sun sets over the island and the palm trees.
For now I'm ready for bed. As I was talking to the gentleman at the home in Livermore today he mentioned that he never sleeps under the blankets now, just uses a little army blanket. Said he just can't since there is no one to snuggle with. Going to bed and waking up present some of the toughest times of loneliness when you lose someone. Seems those times are usually times people enjoy small talk with the one they love and they seem so empty when you find yourself there alone. So lets make this positive, I encourage you to enjoy those special times together when you get to talk away from anyone else and with no distractions. Enjoy!

Love to all,

tim

2 comments:

lizzie said...

Good Morning Tim,
I think I would like to come to the party!! I would have to leave today if I wanted to get there on time!! From South Dakota it would be a long drive! I enjoy the blog and look forward to read each day. You have a tremendous energy and you have so many challenges each day but you manage to see the "good stuff" every day. Normal! You are in inspiration to all that read your blog. Liz

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim,

So far We are planing to be at the Party Sunday. We will probably be there about 5:00 or so, Got things to do earlier in the day.

Glad to read that You had a good day and that Marilyn is getting things done for You. She is such a good friend to have for You & Your Family to enjoy.

Have a good day and get that fresh Oil in the Bug ASAP.

Bob & Carrol.