Sunday, August 3, 2008

Sunday evening and life seems well worth living!




Good evening,
I'm unwinding from a busy day. Ken and I walked this morning, then I inspected a local property here in the bay. The people were so nice the inspection took a long time. Then I worked some cleaning up my desk, Marilyn started working through Nan's desk and computer. Eventually I drove to Safeway with a couple gas cans and purchased some liquid gold (gas) for the boat. Then Ray and Lois joined Marilyn and me where we put the gas into the boat and water and went out for the circle route, down Old River, across by the Berkeley ski club village, up the twin sloughs, stopped at Union Point for a brief break and then on home. Lois was busy taking photos of the water and sunset. I have included a couple photos here. Marilyn seemed to enjoy herself and it was almost dark when we got back. Marilyn cut up more fruit and we feasted on outstanding peaches and strawberries. For lunch we decided to try a local place that has suffered under a couple owners but now has a new name and delicious salads. It is right by the water and you can see boats come and go while you eat under a shaded awning. The meal turned out really tasty.

Now Marilyn is reading and I am pushing keys on this computer. After a week of ups and downs things have leveled out and the new week looks promising.

Dolly shipped me a book which I am just enjoying so much about positive attitudes and I am reading chapters at a time. I really appreciate the book and its help for me right now.

So I'm wishing each of you a positive week. As some of you know this is the week when I turn the big 60. I'm sort of thinking it would be fun to get together here at the house next Saturday or Sunday in the afternoon with the BBQ going, the paddle boat at ready, perhaps even the spa might be cleaned and ready for sitters. Let me know what you think. No I'm not trying really interested in receiving presents other than the enjoyment of your presence for awhile in the afternoon. I've not shared my home at all since December and I think that is certainly understandable but I also think its time to open the doors and share some fun and fellowship, come meet my great neighbors if they can come and help me move into the next decade of my life. I also understand that you all live busy lives but I'd like your input on what day you think might be best and any other ideas you might have.

Sending love to all,

Tim


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Tim,

You may be typing your new blog even as I write this. Like I said, I seem to be running a bit behind lately. Now I can't sleep!

What a beautiful evening on the lake! You got some great pictures and Marilyn seems to be enjoying herself.

I think having a birthday party is a great idea! We would come except Roger has 2 concerts this week end. Oh well ~ our kids will be out of town anyway. I hope you do have that party and your home is filled with friends. Marilyn is there to help, so you won't have to do it all alone. I'll bet Nikki would help also.

We had a slower day today. I had only 4 large loads of sheets and towels to wash today. The phone was quite busy though. I made 3 reservations which is good.

I'll not stay up to see what today brought you. I think I'll try to sleep again since it is 1:15 a.m. here. Have a great day!

Love ~ Carol