Thursday, August 21, 2008

Irene needs our prayers!

Dear Family and Friends,
As I write this evening the network is not working on my desktop computer so I'm on the little laptop writing these words.
Lois came over today and gave each of the dogs a bath so they could go on the trip clean and pure. Thank you Lois for your loving concern for Starr and Lady. They both look so cute tonight.
I had an appraisal appointment this afternoon in Oakland. What a beautiful home and a very sweet lady. Thats the fun side of this business, meeting the great people and seeing all the good things they have done to their homes. The traffic really moved well coming home until I hit Pittsburg where everything came to a standstill, it took nearly another hour to get to Brentwood where I caught up with Kallie, Nikki and Keanna at tumbling. They are so precious.
Then I remembered I was supposed to pick up a cancer patient who lives in Discovery Bay but enjoys coming to the grief recovery group. So I headed to Discovery Bay, picked Bob up and drove back to the group meeting place. The room was filled with people, the largest gathering yet for the group. It was a very moving evening with many people sharing, learning and offering support to others in the group.
When I got home Lois called to tell me the internet was not working. There is something wrong with the 10/100 switch which feeds the network to the various computers around the house. While I've faced this before I am never sure what I did last time to fix it.
This morning when we drove to the motorhome to bring it home the batteries were totally dead. We ended up jumping the generator, got it running and then that provided enough power to start the engine of the motorhome. Now its in the driveway with a cord charging the batteries. Its been a couple months since I used the coach and somehow the batteries were depleted.
In the morning I'll write a couple reports, then we'll load up the motorhome and head down in the afternoon to MBA and cooler weather. The dogs know something is up and are very excited already. Actually so am I.
This morning i received a very touching email from Irene. Her latest scan revealed that a tumor has grown a lot since June. The tumor is causing her great pain and suffering and a decision has been made to use radiation to try to reduce its size. I know from experience that radiation can help a GIST tumor as it caused one of Nan's tumors to be reduced by half and gave her a lot of relief from pain. Irene needs our prayers now as she faces this new challenge in her life. GIST is a horrible enemy but God is still in control.

How we need each other in this old world.

love

Tim

1 comment:

Deborah W said...

Hi Tim, I'm continually impressed with the way you surround yourself with wonderful people, plus I know that they each benefit from spending time with you. I'm praying Irene's treatment goes well. Take care, and have a wonderful weekend! Deobrah