Thursday, January 21, 2010

And then rained some more........

8:30 and I'm home at last. It all started this morning at 6:15 when the weather permitted Ken and I to trudge around the lake, our 3 mile tour. Then it was get ready to go and a quick trip to Brentwood to measure a two story home. The rain was mild during the inspection for which I was very grateful, rain can quickly cause the paper on the clipboard to become soggy and unreadable. Then with an eye on travel time and a desire to be on time for appointments I set the GPS for an address in Tracy and sloshed through the rain and wind for an on time arrival. I've got the GPS set now so once I start on a trip it tells me when I will arrive.
When I pulled up there was no one there to meet me so in spite of some pretty heavy rain I went ahead and climbed out, coated up and measured the house. How nice that they had sidewalks poured all the way around the house which means no wading through mud! Just then the agent arrived and let me in so I could do the inside. After shooting comps I found a Taco Bell for lunch, best ever! Then back to the office to see if an email had arrived about the next appointment, one in Sacramento. Sure enough I had the go ahead. This time the rain was really coming down. The levee road had pools of water that made the car slip around a lot. Once I caught Highway 5 it got really interesting. When huge trucks were around the visibility came down to nearly zero. You just kept the wheel straight and forged forward. This time I was 16 minutes late and quickly inspected the beautiful little house which was filled with fascinated children, how different it is when I ask children to step out of the picture, children are always asked to be in the picture. While I was in the house my camera reminded me that I had left the chip at home and that the internal memory was full, what to do, darkness was approaching, stores were nearby. The owners said not to worry, they pulled the chip from their camera, it fit and the day was saved. Now I'll take the photos off and send their chip back!
Finally it was time to head home and once again the rain was intense but this time I relaxed and just kept it in the slow lane, no rush.
Once in Stockton I decided to stop at the Old Spaghetti Factory for dinner. Since tomorrow is Nan's birthday and she loved to visit the Spaghetti Factory I spent a quiet dinner with a senior portion of whole wheat pasta. So good.
Once I was back in the car I decided that I would just drive directly to the club to work out. I had brought clothes and shoes in a bag. The amazing thing is, when you work out every other day every exercise is easier and you feel more strength as you work out. For fun I reversed the routine working backwards. Now I'm home and delighted to be here safe, dry and in good health. I am feeling so well these days, the weight is down a bit but my strength level is way up there. Tomorrow night I get at least Keanna for a sleep over and perhaps even Kallie. That will be great!
I want to thank my friends and family who I had a chance to talk to today while driving. You propel me forward with your support and conversations. So much so that on the way home tonight my call with Art was cut short, the phone's battery was dead. Now that is a first for a day.
Tomorrow I'm off to San Pablo, a follow up inspection in Vallejo and then comps in Oakland followed by a divorce appraisal here in Discovery Bay in the afternoon. Yes I am looking forward to the Sabbath and its change of pace, rest for the soul and body.

Love to all

Tim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mom's birthday is the 23rd, so that is Saturday.

Love,
Nikki