Saturday, January 23, 2010

An interesting Sabbath


Dear Family and Friends,

10:30 ready to call it a day. As I mentioned Keanna came for a sleep over last night. She settled in but woke with a terrible cough at 5 this morning. She dozed a bit but had a rough morning. We met up with Nikki in Tracy where she transferred to her mom's car. Nikki told me later that after getting home she took a nice long bath and then went directly to bed for a nap. Later in the afternoon she felt better, had lunch and was able to attend the last of her friend's Birthday party.

At about the same time I went to the gravesite for Nan and was spending some quiet moments there. As I was leaving Nikki was just pulling in so we all sang Happy Birthday to mom and paused for a moment. The torrential rains had stopped and for a brief moment it was sunny and decent, much like the day of her graveside service when the could broke and sun shone through.

I spent this evening with a friend who fed me a wonderful potato soup.

I am so glad Keanna is better. I never feel as helpless as when one of the little ones is ill.


Today Nan would have been 58 years old. Had she lived all of our lives would have been richer but unless a cure had been found the additional years would have been more pain, suffering and misery for her. So on balance I treasure the years we had with her, she made her world a much better place, she lived for the adventure, for her kidos and their kidos and she took excellent care of me, I now know that since for the last 2 years I've had to care for myself and that has not been so good. Standing at her resting place today and realizing once again that she is resting there, waiting for the Lord, I just begin to comprehend how blessed we are were while she lived. I thank God for the gift of Nan which I discovered in Pinecrest Camp and experienced every day for the next 36 years. You gave us your all and we treasure our memories of you.


Love


tim
ps photo is from Jason's Facebook page of he and Timothy walking on the beach!

No comments: