Friday, January 1, 2010

A new year arrives

So here we are in a new year. When we pause to add up the last year its pretty depressing in some ways, more stress than rejoicing, more worry than release. What a year.
So here we go again, for me I've faced this moment 61 times before. Many times Nan and I would just roll over in bed, hold hands and quietly announce to each other, its a new year, other times we were out doing exciting stuff, some years there were wonderful things to celebrate like the years that brought us Nikki and then Jason, talk about excitement, new human beings under the roof, what would they be like when they grew up, or could talk or go to school.

So this is the year I learn to live with less, to do better with the use of my time, to find news ways to succeed, I look forward to working with Steve to build business for both of us. I desire to spend more quality time with each of the kidos. They are a precious place to invest energy, love, knowledge, my heart.

I'm just back from a delightful party in Lodi hosted by Joyce and attended by several of her friends from there and Sylvia and myself from outside Lodi. There were great soups, cookies, dips, vegetables, breads and then the white elephant game. It was crazy and for a while quite sedate but then it got wild and people starting trading gifts and it lasted for hours. Joyce had her house decorated for Christmas in a beautiful manner.

Now it is time to get some rest so one can be ready for this exciting new chance at life.

Love

tim

No comments: