Sunday, January 10, 2010

Recharged

Dear Family and Friends,
As I write this evening I'm reminded of how complicated our lives are. As we grow older we long even more to be of help to our families and do those things we could do when we were young yet many of the helping things have slipped beyond our grasp, now its up to the next generation. For those of us who tend to keep people close to our hearts we feel the pain that others are going through. Oh to have the heart and mind of God, the ultimate lover, the peace maker, problem solver.
For those of who live in the valley our world is one of gray and damp cold. Not like the cold that grips some of you, really dangerous cold, no ours is just annoying and discomforting, not life threatening. Yet our cold and dark world begins to get at you after days of the same. For me I have escaped to the sun both Thursday and Friday as I ventured nearer to the coast. And now of course since we are overcast and the air is stagnant the "wise ones" have decided that for a third day we can have no cheery fires to lift our spirits, to remove the gloom from our living room.
After Ken and I did our route this morning I came back to a bowl of oatmeal, stripples and wheat toast with a huge orange from Joyce's own tree. It was excellent. I set about trying to make the coffee maker create some decaf but my first attempt failed completed and I had to dump it all down the drain. However the second time it worked well and I had some pretty decent tasting coffee to hold off the chill that envelopes the room. A property in Riverbank now has a completed report, a second one in Petaluma also has a completed report.
Late this afternoon the motorhome called to me so I dumped its tanks and drove it back to storage, made a deposit of a couple checks, met with Lois and Ray at McDonalds for some apple dippers and hot chocolate. Once I had arrived back at home I enjoyed some Masterpiece Theatre. I enjoy the work of Judi Dench very much. I enjoyed her in the Bond movies and I enjoyed her tonight in a touching little bit of old England.
This evening I gave the dogs a special treat. A while back I found some dogs soft food in little packages for .59 each. So about once a week I split the tiny package's contents into two bowls and let them enjoy something different. They love it and lick the bowls for hours afterwards.
My office feels so open now that the whirlwind Sylvia has passed through, one only can guess what is in the trash but oh how heavy the can was as I rolled it to the street!
So a new week begins for all of us. May God guide us into His paths this week so that we can be a little kinder, more caring and find ways of using what we are blessed with to touch the lives of others.

love

tim

No comments: