Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Keanna comes to visit this afternoon

How can a day be all bad when 1/3 of it has Keanna in it? Well it can't be.
This morning I was out in the cold at 6:30 but there was no Ken. I could see from the lights that he was in the shower upstairs so I gave up and did the walk by myself. It was cold and damp for the first 1/2 of the walk but then the body caught up and began producing heat so the rest was better. I know it is the right thing to do but it would sure be easy to skip the walking in the cold! I've not heard from him yet to see if he plans to walk tomorrow or not.
I wrote an appraisal this morning and then headed out to make a deposit, pick up 2 letters from the IRS, errr, do a field review of an appraisal that was completed recently in Discovery Bay and then pick up her highness. She was fired up and ready to go with ideas, plans and excitement. I know she enjoys Wednesdays as I am different than her normal routine.
We headed to McDonalds where I had a huge salad and she enjoyed playing outside and eating her lunch. At a nearby table there were about 6 boys all acting like boys, Keanna leaned over and said quietly, "teenagers" and then outside called them rowdy teenagers, it was very funny.
We arrived home and she played her new DS for awhile and then announced she was doing her homework and would I like to help. She made quick work of it and then switched to playing a Dora game page on the laptop. I did some work and sweated over the IRS letters. They do not sound good at all. Not sure how this next chapter will play out.
Tomorrow morning I leave for Petaluma and then drive to Sacramento. Both appraisals are orders that have just come in and I'm thankful for the work but it will be a very long day and now diesel prices are going up again. At this point I spend about $37 for each 550 miles. For awhile it was less than $30 and that was really great.
At this moment I've just arrived back from the gym. Same gym but a new name, its no longer Club One but now Diablo Valley Club or something like that. Tonight there were quite a few people working out and oh how some of the machines causes my muscles to burn, you just think you cannot push one more time and yet you do. I was very glad to leave and drive home, talk to my brother and now relax here at home.
Some of the emails that arrive at my desk are so filled with meaning while others are trash. Today I really enjoyed a couple that had deep meaning.
Well good night to one and all,

love

tim

No comments: