Monday, January 18, 2010

Our weather turns wet

Dear Family and Friends,
How can I begin to share the multitude of feelings I have this evening? There is a perverse part of me that really gets off on a wintry day, wind whipping the white caps on Willow Lake, trees already bare from winter are pushed and pulled by the gusts dropping weakened branches everywhere, weeds long dormant suddenly sprout into life turning the yard a new shade of green. So this morning when Ken and I did NOT walk due to the weather I settled into the recliner with a fire roaring which was consuming the last piece of wood, pulled a gray blanket over Starr and me and napped. It was much later before I finally roused myself to begin work. I was sort of celebrating the winter day!

I set to work doing research for various properties that needed to be seen and meanwhile outside the rain poured. By the time I had finished doing the research and headed for the door the weather had turned. I treated myself to Red Robin today and oh was it good. Then it was onto Oakley to see a little house whose carpet was awful, will a good cleaning save it? Who knows, it is really bad. Then onto a house in Pittsburg where I discovered a brother and sister still grieving their mother who they lost less than a month ago. For estate purposes they were having the appraisal but I was able to spend a few extra minutes listening as she shared what a good mother she had lost. Then it was off to Starbucks for a decaf mocha, gotta break this habit!

My next stop was in front of a two story home located in Antioch. Reported to be going into foreclosure my inspection was just from the street and it looked fine. After I found the comps I headed home. All the while the wind was buffeting my little car but the heater warded off the cold and with XM on I listed to old time radio stories, quite rewarding really.

Now it is evening and tonight I will go to bed early, no more nocturnal wanderings about the house searching for some sort of meaning, usually I find it in the toaster!

I'm touched by Haiti, in my dreams I'm there helping people long hours a day, saving people, helping them, I think it would be nice to be able to help someone someplace at least. Is that out there in the future?

I bid you a goodnight my friends and family, because of you all I feel blessed and rich.

love

tim

No comments: