Wednesday, January 27, 2010

An intense day

Dear Family and Friends,
Ken and I walked at 6 am this morning which at this point seems a very long time ago. Then I drove out the driveway without breakfast as I wanted to get to Emeryville as soon as possible. Traffic was decent and the morning was filled with brilliant sunshine, that is until I reached Walnut Creek where the fog descended and changed the day. Emeryville was unusually challenging since most dwellings in the area surround my 100 year old little house were lofts and condos constructed in old industrial buildings in the last few years, certainly not comps for the subject property.
Once completed with Emeryville I headed up Highway 80 to Vallejo to do a reinspection. No one knew the code to the lockbox and things looked bleak, that is until I tried the rear slider and amazingly it was open so the inspection of the new carpet and the newly installed dishwasher went fine.
Time was passing so I made a beeline to Fairfield where I did a full inspection of a nice nearly new house that someone is purchasing. I could tell by the time I would not make it back to meet Keanna at 12:45 after school so Steve was nice enough to pick her up for me. That took some pressure off.
Once I got home there were many emails all wanting something soon. There were also new orders which I accepted and downloaded. I quickly went to work creating the Emeryville appraisal and before the end of the afternoon emailed it to the client.
This evening I've gone to the club and did an exhausting workout, then a quick trip to FoodMax for some items. Now I'm home and once I complete this blog I'll do a couple more work related things and then go to sleep. 6:15 comes early for the walk.
Irene has been on my mind many times today and I appreciate the kind messages many of you have sent regarding her passing. She was a very unique person who was dedicated to helping people and sharing her love of Jesus. I sort of felt a bit of the loss that set in when Nan passed. It is all so meaningless and a waste of outstanding people.

So I bid you each a gentle goodnight.

love

tim

No comments: