Thursday, January 28, 2010

Lois rests in the hospital tonight

Dear Family and Friends,
Ken and I walked through the cold fog at 6:15 today braving the elements for some pure reason, not sure what it is but perhaps just life itself!
I worked in this morning and mid morning Lois came to visit and went to McDonalds for breakfast. When she came home she brought me a hot chocolate and then said she was heading home to go to bed. A short time later she called to ask for help, she did not feel right and was concerned about her heart. So I went over and we took her blood pressure, it was high at 161 /111. In a few minutes a young lady showed up who is a family friend and a nurse. We got an aspirin down but Lois still was feeling pretty rough. To be sure a call went out to 911 and they responded so fast and so professionally. Later she went by ambulance to the local Kaiser hospital in Antioch and is spending the night. Of course she went through a battery of tests and so far I think most things look pretty normal. Ray drove back from San Jose where he works several days a week and was with her at the hospital when I dropped by this evening to visit. She was resting well and very hungry. All good signs.
Nikki and the girls invited me to join them at our little Mexican place out in Bethel Island for dinner. It was wonderful to see them with their wall to wall smiles, happy talk and obvious love for their Pappa.
Now I'm home and very ready to head to bed. So good night my friends and lets remember Lois tonight, that God will help her have a nice night of rest and help her with her battle with smoking. She so wants to quit but it is so tough.
Love

tim

1 comment:

Deborah W said...

You're a good & dependable friend.

Deborah/Benicia