Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Facing a barrage of reality

This has been another challenging day yet remarkably rewarding too. Ken and I braved the cold and damp morning to walk in the dark, only nuts would do such a thing but then no one ever affirmed my sanity.
The warm shower felt so good I was very reluctant to leave it. The mug of steel cut oats waited and was so good. Then a few minutes in the messy office and I was on the road. Today it was to Martinez which is 50 minutes distant. Arriving on time I began to measure what turned out to be a very large home built into the hillside. I had expected a partial payment as I was leaving but that was not the case. That was a blow and it took awhile to recover mentally from it as I knew the account needed feeding. Upon arriving home I found a check in the mailbox and that helped.
The huge piles of papers that needing filing and even just credit card slips that needed to be thrown were a menace that needed to be faced. I took a few minutes and sorted, pitched and filed until gray desk is once again visible. Then I sat to work writing an appraisal that was due today. It went very smoothly and now is at the lenders via email.
This evening Ray and Lois tempted me out of the house for $5.00 pizza and I had a salad and some pieces. It was a nice change from the day.
Since my friends all insist on making lists every day I decided to try it today. My list for the day is almost completely marked off now and that feels good.
In my business just finishing a report does not mean that is the last you hear of it, hardly. I am working again this evening on tweaking an Oakland report that I've tweaked several times already. Frankly I'm tiring of it and one can only tweak so much. Underwriters just need to make a decision and move on.
The nice thing about this year so far is the 6 orders that have come in. I certainly did not expect such good news and now my joy is tempered with the realization that they need to be seen and completed soon. Still it is very good news and many are COD.
Today I ventured out and called Kaiser to get the ball rolling for a switch from Blue Cross to Kaiser. Here's hoping that they will take me and that it is a good idea. The second call was to the lender for the motorhome. I had applied for a 3 month extension during which I make no payments but I had heard nothing. When I called today the computer told me that the next payment due was in March. That is good news.
Well it is once again time to think about getting some rest. I'm feeling pretty good now with little residual pain in the jaw. Getting used to chewing without the tooth is taking some time to adjust to and long term I hope there is some sort of dentist answer to the gap.
I've tried to hold onto a bit of the serenity I enjoyed at Jason and Jo's. I'm not doing too well with the retention but I am fairly much at peace this evening all things considered.
Love to all,

Tim

No comments: