Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A clean sweep











Dear Friends and Family,




Walk at 6:30, freeze by 7, shower and thaw at 7:30, breakfast at 7:45, research at 8:30, on the road at 10, Berkeley at 11:30, leave Berkeley at 1 pm, drive very fast back to pick up Keanna but Steve has to bale me out to be sure someone is there to pick her up. All the while Sylvia was busy cleaning the frig, its now so bright I don't even recognize it, has a deli sectionn, bread, cheeses, salad, condiments, simply amazing what she can do. Steve dropped by with Keanna and Kallie and we all just enjoyed a moment, then Sylvia directed her efforts to Keanna's toy corner, tonight its all organized, they worked well together and all the little sets of toys are back together, the little frig where I kept Nan's supplies is now cleaned and turned off since I was down to one drink and two bottles of water in there. More cupboards are cleared and up to date and Sylvia told me tonight that some of the things that I no longer could use have helped people in need, isn't that great news! It was so funny, this afternoon I had her tasting different tupperware containers of flour, sugar, wheat germ, pancake mix since most had no labels at all. I'm sure her tummy is sick this evening from all the things she had to sample but we moved out the white rice and lots of other things I just will never use or need. Ray brought a sample of banana nut bread she made last night and it was totally wonderful, she also sent a sample of her first successful loaf of bread. How nice.




Nikki came after Kallie woke up and spent the early evening with us, what fun as Keanna played, Kallie played, we all talked and shared stuff, really a great time and Sylvia just kept working working. She reminds me of Art who can work for 12 hours without letting up. While I admire that kind of work ethic it makes me have to sit down and rest just thinking about it. And get this, Sylvia is willing to come again to work on even more cabinets, her obsession in my gain and I'm beginning to think she really does enjoy cleaning. Its a new concept to me and one I really enjoy.




I'm going to put a few photos we took this evening of our little ones. Kallie is growing so fast. She is fitting in 9 month clothes and she is just turning 5 months. One sturdy little baby!




Keanna gets her pins out next week but you would never know she has a broken arm now. She held a puppet show for Sylvia and I this afternoon as well as constructed houses with blankets and tables, really amazing.




So good night my friend. Tomorrow morning I care for the girls and then leave for Orangevale to do one and then down 80 to Martinez. Mary from travel has returned from an overseas trip and has invited me to dinner tomorrow evening. It should be a good day.








So good night my friends and family,








love




Tim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim,
What a special family you have! Aren't grand kids fun? Nothing quite like 'em.

Clean refrigerator and cupboards ~ that can brighten most any day. What a friend to come help with the mundane tasks.

We met my CA cousin at Dollywood today. It is the Southern Gospel Southern Jubilee this month and it was super. I thought of Nan again and how much she enjoyed the seasonal shows. We had a "thing" about critiquing the Kingdom Heirs shirts. The had some really awful ones a couple of years in a row. Today's shirts were light blue with matching T shirts underneath. I'm sure you want to know this.... It just doesn't seem right not to keep Nan caught up on their status.

Sounds like you have a very busy, yet productive, week going. With the interest rates dropping maybe you will get some more re-fi's.

Keep on hanging in there! You're on the right track.

We love you ~ Carol