Saturday, October 25, 2008

A full Sabbath

Dear Family and Friends,
Tomorrow is the GIST walk in San Jose. It starts at 10:30 at Almaden Lake Park and over 130 people have signed up to be involved.
Ken and I walked this morning in the twilight the there was a quick shower, even quicker breakfast and then it was to Nikki and Steve's where they were all ready to go to Sabbath School. It was Kallie's first Sabbath School and she seemed to enjoy it once she decided to wake up. The program was great and it went quickly. Then we had lunch at the Olive Garden. This evening we all attended the Boo Ville program at Keanna's school. It was cute and they really had lots to do. Keanna loved it and Kallie was smiling and watching all the events, kids and sights. This evening has gone by rapidly as I've enjoyed phone calls with Jerry, my elderly brother!!, Art, Sylvia and Pam. I am so blessed to have such quality friends and family. How different life would be if I had to live day by day without my kidos, my kids and my friends. I like the phone calls and emails, no one I know is just a "yes" person, that is they challenge my thinking, my moods, my plans, make suggestions, offer help and give reassurance that things are going to be OK. How can one ask for more. I believe that these wonderful people are guided by God to live out what they believe. I love them all.
I'm looking forward to being a part of Irene's dream tomorrow. She and some friends have long dreamed of having a west coast GIST walk to raise funds for research, for pathways to a cure, to keeping people alive in the horrible fight with tumors that won't quit easily. This is a people based fund endeavor, not a corporation and Irene, in spite of recurring tumors, has been the spark that lite the fuse for the walk. Irene is one of those special people who can share the love and caring of Jesus without being preachy or phony in any way. She is the real deal and lives her life on the line for her Lord. I don't think I've ever met anyone exactly like Irene. You get a much better idea of what God is thinking when Irene talks with you.
Thank you Lord for your help, encouragement, ideas, love, fellowship and motivation this past week.

Love to all,

tim

No comments: