Thursday, October 23, 2008

Progress

Dear Family and Friends,
When I climbed out this morning at 6:10 to a cool, dark world all I wanted to do was go back to bed. Starr thought I was nuts for staying up and pulling on sweats. Ken had a meeting so the walk was just me. When I got home I decided to tidy up a bit as I had a guest coming to help plan menus and check out what foods I had on hand. It was good to have a motivation to do a bit of cleaning, yes the vacuum still works and so does the mop. Even the fish tank lost some algae.
Sylvia arrived late morning and we set to work on the pantry, we found many items that expired in 2006 and 2007 and they are in the trash can, other items were located that I will never eat and they are going to a Tracy Interfaith Ministries. We also found many treasures that will come in handy in the days and weeks to come. I had started a loaf of bread baking early in the morning so it was finishing its baking process while we worked, oh it smelled so good. Well that loaf was for Sylvia and Kevin. Then after making huge progress on the pantry shelves we went to lunch at the Boardwalk, a little local place by the water and had salads. Then it was time for Sylvia to leave for her library day at the Mountain House Public Library and I left shortly thereafter for my appointment in Stockton. The mail box was kind again today with a check for an appraisal done long ago. I also picked up money in Stockton. Then after the appraisal was completed I drove to Tracy to see a friend who has been in the hospital since Sunday and is facing surgery soon.
By then it was time to head back for grief group. I had just enough time to prepare the deposit for the bank and then scoot back to the group. It was a very meaningful session with so much human need, so much bravery, so much loyalty to family and spouses. My dear friend Patty who lost her husband over a year ago and happens to live on my block was there with a freshly broken foot, seems a dog ran right through her. This brave soul does not need more bad things to happen to her, she already cares for 5 grandchildren who range in age from young to teens.
What a lift to get to talk to Nikki and Art today, seems they call at just the right times and its less lonely when you get to talk to a friendly voice.
A person called today with a proposal to sell the Marriott time share in Palm Desert. His offer sounds the best so far, he has a 6 month guarantee that returns the "marketing money" if the unit has not sold in 6 months. His is the first company to actually offer to return the money if they can't sell the unit. Still I wonder what I am getting into. He things it will sell for quite a bit more I owe which would be wonderful but I don't want to be taken for a ride either. Some companies want over $1,300 to try to sell the unit with no offer to return the money if they don't sell it. Any advice?
Thank you Sylvia for your help today, the menu's and the tidy pantry are a huge help. It was fun!
So my friends and family, good night to all and to the One that owns the "cattle on a thousand hills" thank you so much for the blessings you have given this week.

love to all

Tim
PS http://gistwalk.frogheaven.org/index.html has all the info about the GIST walk to raise funds for research this coming Sunday in San Jose. I hope you can be involved in one way or another.

1 comment:

Deborah W said...

Hi Tim, you are finishing up a very productive week! Good for you. I wish I could walk on Sunday but other things are already scheduled. So many worthy causes, it's everyone's duty to be involved somewhere in some way. Every time you talk about your bread I want to bake, lol! Have a wonderful weekend! Deborah/Benicia