Sunday, October 12, 2008

Quickbooks is up to date, yea!

Dear Family and Friends,
It started last night and slowly became an obsession. Yes I did have to write two appraisals today, no I have not done that but I stuck with quick books pro, an accounting program I have in all my computers which tracks the business income and outgo, more outgo than income it seems. Nan used to keep it reconciled faithfully but after she became to weak to sit in her work chair it lapsed. It is not the easiest work to do but as of tonight I'm 100% update to date, have every month reconciled and the great news is.................. I'm $17 overdrawn. Not the outcome I had hoped but I'm still jazzed about the progress. So I guess I'll be writing appraisals tomorrow on a full time basis.
Ken and I walked this morning at 6:30, it was dark and it was very cold. I had moved up to sweat pants and sweat shirt but quickly discovered I was very under dressed. I was cold the entire time around the lake with the wind whipping around. Ken meanwhile looked like he was bound for Alaska with plenty of warm clothes. He was the smart one. It felt so good to get home and then to my amazement the furnace decided it would work this morning so the entire day has been spent in very comfortable temperatures. After I completed the quick books pro project I decided to go get some yeast so I could make a loaf of bread, great idea but $81 dollars later I almost forgot the yeast. The bread is baking now, the kitchen is clean and when Lois came over to say hello after returning from a week in her other home in San Jose I invited her in to share a cinnamon roll fresh from the Safeway bakery. Then we tackled a project, putting the decorative ruffle back above the windows and doors in the kitchen and family room. Sylvia had so kindly taken them down and washed them but we needed to let them dry naturally, well that was two weeks ago and they are dry now. So this evening two of the 4 windows have their ruffles back in place.
I'm getting ready for the bread to finish. It always smells so heavenly when its baking. While I was shopping I got bananas, 1% milk, strawberries, apples, pears, low fat string cheese, whole wheat buns for garden burger lunches, yogurt and orange juice, some frozen vegetables and low fat wheat thins. I'm set for a few days now. Starving is constantly on my mind but so far I've managed to avoid it.
I stopped by to see the girls for a minute after shopping and you would not know Keanna had recently been injured and operated on. She was racing through the house with a broomstick attempting to fly, Kallie was on a blanket on the floor loving all the action and Nikki was just enjoying her girls.
So we all are off to a new week, lets make it a good one, touching lives, helping where we can and sharing God's external love.

love

tim

No comments: