Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Living on the high wire.......




Dear Family and Friends,


8:37 and another day passes into history, my crowning achievement today is a very nice loaf of bread, other lesser items include a finished appraisal, comps checks for half of Modesto, purchasing a little exersauser for Kallie, $20, Ebay, shot comps for two appraisals, watched as the senate spent my money and that of Kallie's, Keanna's and Timothys. Walked the normal 3 miles, had dinner tonight with Ray and Lois, talked to Art who is roughing it in Maui and kept checking the bank online to see just how bad it was getting. Seems every time I check another automatic payment for data, medical bills, fuel has come through driving the balance even lower. Last night I paid the big house payment online, fortunately it takes 2 days to clear and that means tomorrow I need to locate about $1,200 more dollars to deposit. Interesting times and then by tomorrow night I need to pay the local MLS board $640 for the yearly access fee and of course the next day the health insurance is coming through, just $786 or something like that. Just when I think I'm catching up along comes another tsunami to engulf my feeble efforts. I know some money is in the mail heading my way, will it be enough? we will soon see.


You know after months of living on the edge or even over the abyss one begins to grow sort of numb, almost past the point of really caring what happens next. When the Honda rep calls and begins to threaten it no longer causes panic, just a calm response, I'll send that next payment as soon as I can, no sooner and when the collection agency calls tonight about a mere $500 hospital bill and expects to be paid on the spot I just tell him no, not going to happen anytime soon. I think what I am saying, I could use your prayers in a special way right now as I try to work my way through yet another challenge. Fortunately I'm busy, very busy and in time that will mean some extra income. I've very thankful that I'm feeling well, that I have plenty to eat, a cool place to sleep, my little doggies to keep me from feeling so alone, daily phone calls from the world's best kids and of course my precious loaf of freshly baked bread.


I wish I could crank out work faster than I do, that I could charge more or collect more. GMAC mortgage just stopped making loans and with the demise there goes thousands of dollars unpaid that I'll never see. It happens, its a part of owning a business.


I have enjoyed hearing from Laurie Dunston who now lives on the east coast and is facing daily money challenges too as she bravely pursues her career, I love hearing from my blog friend in Benicia and one of these days I will meet her, what a friend she has turned out to be.


I could wish that something happy might happen more often. I had a bright spot this evening as I dropped a file for Steve. Keanna was outside with large pieces of chalk drawing pictures on her driveway, her themes are mom and day, grammy, Jan, Sharon, Marilyn, Dana, the sky, the dogs, the grass. Great stuff. I've included a photo I shot of her in action.


So good night my friends and family,


love to all,




Tim


1 comment:

Deborah W said...

Hi Tim, what an artist that Keanna is! Love to see photos of the little ones. These are interesting times for all. I wonder what will happen, but I'm a naturally optimistic person and fully expect that, in the long run, all will be well. Certainly it's a time to look out for, and help, each other. I just sent my younger son back to China, where he lives and works, and listening to his commentary on the communist gov't can really put our gov't into perspective! With so much out of our hands I guess all we can do is each try to make our little corner of the world a good one. The world seems a little more manageable that way! Have a good week. Deborah