Friday, October 24, 2008

A different kind of day....

Good evening,
9:30 and as soon as I complete a brief entry here in the blog I'm heading to bed. This has been an interesting day. First off it was beautiful, not too warm, just right.
After walking my 3 this morning I drove over to Steve's and pickup up the power washer. It is gas powered and very powerful. Then with Lois's help we retrieved the boat from the water and put it onto the trailer, using the van for the first time we pulled it out of the water and home. Once home I started power washing. Perhaps I should explain. When a boat is moored next to a dock and is floating all summer it picks up all kinds of algae growing on the side and bottom. Once the boat leaves the water this sticky glue stuck to the boat turns hard. I washed off what I could but even using the highest level of power much of the substance remains on the boat. Lois used a brush to try to remove it and it helped some. Finally worn out and with at least some of the grime off the boat she helped guide as I backed the boat into place beside the house where it will be stored for the winter.
After I showered we went to lunch at Boardwalk Cafe and enjoyed a light meal. By the time the meal was over I was falling asleep. You see sleep eluded me from 4 am on this morning. I'm not sure why but I had no desire to be up at that time of day. I crawled out and came down and worked until 6:30 when I walked. So I'm sleepy.
When Nikki and the girls got home from work this afternoon they called and we went to inspect the new Streets of Brentwood, a fancy new mall with dozens of stores that opened today. It was fun and thousands of people were there. Then we drove to LaVilla in Bethel Island for a nice meal. Now I'm home, yawning and ready to rest.
Good night my friends and family,

love to all

Tim

1 comment:

Deborah W said...

Your Nikki. She's an angel. Have a great weekend. Deborah