Thursday, October 30, 2008

Timothy feeds himself / Sylvia finds gold in the kitchen cabinets!




Dear Family and Friends,


Well not gold really but a whole lot of good things I will never use. Sylvia arrived this morning and by the time I returned from work the kitchen appeared much like a grocery store, colorful items were everywhere, cabinets stood open and bare and she was busy cleaning and sorting. Once again she found boxes of items that can be used by others who might need them, vases, glasses, cooking, storing items, she found it all. Also among her discoveries were many spices, often backed up by one or two identical items. It is really amazing how well she works and in such an organized manner. I am the grateful benefactor of all this productive work and I'm promised so much empty cabinets space that the counters can be clear, just the way I like them.


Sylvia worked until 6:30 this evening when she reminded me that I needed to grab a quick bite and head to grief group. I did just that arriving a few minutes late. It was the largest group ever and the heartbreaking stories of what people are now going through or have gone through in the past are almost unbelievable. The group can go from mirth to tears in 30 seconds as reality hits over and over again.


I started this day off with a quick walk around the lake with Ken. Then a quick shower and early departure to Oakland where I met a buyer who handed me a check for an appraisal I was to do later in the day. Then I drove to a duplex which is always kept in perfect condition, then I drove to Pittsburg to inspect a big beautiful bank owned home. From there I detoured to Staples for file folders and then to Oakley to see yet another lovely home. All FHA inspections today and of the three two were COD. What a blessing that is. As of tonight I have about $300 toward the house payment which I must make tomorrow. That means tomorrow's mail and the mail on Saturday. I am humbled by how God has worked this week generating funds from orders I had no idea were coming in earlier in the week. I was able to cover the cost of the MLS for another year and that was $660 plus $121 for the lock box key. Now the only thing left to pay is the house payment. Of course I have several appraisals to write up and Jean is helping too with some of them.


Tomorrow Keanna's school has a parade with all the children wearing their Halloween costumes. They walk to the little shopping center and collect goodies from the merchants. I plan to be there with the video camera since Steve and Nikki won't be able to attend.


We had rain today, honest to goodness rain. It was nice to see it and I hope we get days and days of rain this winter. We all need it and the earth needs it too. The almanac is promising a rough winter with lots of rain and snow in the mountains. Bring it on.




Jason and Jo were kind enough to include some photos of Timothy as he is beginning to feed himself now. It brings back so many memories of when Nikki and Jason were going through this process, its cute but wow is it messy! Hope you enjoy the photos Jo shared in an email. Timothy is so cute especially with a big of extra food there and there.




Love to all,




tim

No comments: