Friday, October 10, 2008

Home at last

Dear Friends and Family,
Friday night 10:05 and its cold here. I'm reminded that the furnace does not work and for the first time in many months it would be nice to have some heat. For two days the wind has blown nearly constantly and has sent a chill throughout the house. Even the dogs are noticing the change in temperature.
Most of today has been spent driving. My good friend and client Bob Johnson who lives in Oakhurst had a person needing a reverse mortgage who resides in Rohnert Park. I was scheduled to go yesterday but when Keanna needed me I put it off a day. So this morning after nearly freezing all night under a summer blanket I rose, showered and drove for a couple hours. It was a pleasant trip with a new book playing the time sped by rapidly. The visit was another of those very special ones where the owner is such a sweet person, the property so perfect that my job is made easier. After I finished my GPS told me an Olive Garden was nearby so it was time for soup and salad. Feeling full and ready I next set the GPS for an address on 87Th Ave. in Oakland. The lender had requested I reinspect the property. They gave me no clue as to what I would find. What I found was a house that had been transformed. It is now a very attractive home with new paint and stucco, new high quality fencing, near rear deck, new floor coverings inside, updated bathroom, new kitchen. Wow, what a change and the people are so proud of their home now. I timed it just right so I would have terrible traffic all the way home and that is just what happened. Finally reaching home I eagerly scanned the mail but alas no checks, only a 48 hour notice from my good friends at PG&E. As I entered my office my computer was emitting some terrible noises and it has kept doing so from time to time this evening. I'm guessing a fan is starting to have bearing trouble, just one more little issue to deal with.
Nikki said that Keanna is doing pretty well, is resting with her arm elevated a lot and is moving around easily. She is making rapid progress but still has some pain. She refused to report the pain though as she does not want to take the pain meds.
I'm glad to be home tonight though coming home means little now compared to the prior life. One just has to deal with the process of always being alone, its sort of like a sentence, a punishment and you can't escape it for long, you just endure it and try to find diversions along the way.
Here's hoping you have a great weekend, enjoy this wonderful time of year, it is very special.

love to all,

Tim

No comments: